Tuesday, July 14, 2009

[ & in the night we’ll wish this never ends]

we’ll have Halloween on Christmas

Laura

Steafene and I already made plans for Halloween.  Ha!  It’s because we’re so awesome ;).  We’re going to stay out all night, have a huuuuge bonfire, play music so loud it hurts… and gorge on sweets and horror flicks.  I already can’t wait!

Well, today is le quatorze juillet, or, more commonly known as le jour de la Bastille.  And I guess I’ll attempt une petite peu de la franglais pour aujourd’hui.  D’accord…well, le jour de la Bastille est la fete francaise  qui celebre la debut de la Revolution Francaise.  Je ne comprende pas pourquoi le francaise clebrent aujourd’hui…  maise c’est une bonne excuse pour une boum, non?  Ma mère et je shall boire le champagne et mangerons cheese français, camambert, port salut, St. Point et (of course) bleu de Gex.  Mmmmm.  :)  J’adore des formages, mon prefere formage est Port Salut. 

Enough with that, onto other matters.  My hair is really soft right now,  hahahaha.  Wow, that really wasn’t important.  Anyway… I was on Twitter this morning and this woman started talking to be (en francais)  about Bastille day and why she celebrates it.  My French is awful, so I had to translate  some of it.  She basically said that She thinks celebrating the beginning of a Revolution is stupid, the end is what needs recognition, but it was a bit step for the French, so, why not?  Oh my, I need a picture today… hmm, I shall think outside of the box and go with something unrelated to today’s celebrations.  ASL---> I LOVE YOU In other news, my mum is doing an ASL course at the Community College right now.  It’s pretty interesting.  I know a tiny bit of British Sign Language, like numbers, the alphabet and some words, and ASL and BSL are completely different.  ASL is based of of FSL (French Sign Language) and BSL is original.  It’s weird that an American ASL speaker has a better chance of communicating with a French deaf person than a British Deaf person.  But I’ve learned how to say things like “Happy Birthday!”, “My name is Laura” and “Let’s drink alcohol!” , I know, random, but my mum and I were bored, and wanted to use interesting signs.   Well, I have to assemble an ASL presentation now for my mums midterm, so Au revoir!

{ meaning you can memorise ; Laura xx ♥  }

 

No comments:

Post a Comment